12 June 2008

It's been a while...

Lots of water under the proverbial...
Quick rundown:
Bought a used Land Rover Discovery II. A truly great car to drive; impeccable 4x4 manners. Unfortunately, within 8 months it decided to stop lubricating one of its exhaust valves. Estimates are from $3,300 to $6,000. We now pretty much have no money because 5 weeks after I had a complete physical which I passed with surprisingly clean numbers (even the doc said so!) I had a heart attack. Let me back up a bit...
Pam had been suggesting that I get health insurance. I'm 61 and it's was still a long way to Medicare, so I've been applying to Wal*Mart (only game in town) to get a part time anything. Finally, I was hired on as, what else?, a Greeter. I started on 29 April & had been working a week when I applied online for one of the Aetna (via AARP) insurance packages one morning. I electronically signed the application hoping for approval and a coverage start date of 01 June. That afternoon I had the heart attack. An uninsured & certainly unexpected heart attack. As of now we are at $19,600 w/more coming. Now you know why we don't have Land Rover fix-it money.

Also, we had to put our wonderful companion, Reno, to rest. He was pushing 14 and mobility problems were becoming too prevalent. He had ongoing digestive system problems that were causing him, and us, much discomfort as well.

Later...I need to run for a bit. Hopefully, I'll update/finish this soon. As in a week or so rather than another year.

Geez

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Glad to hear you're doing allright!

27 July, 2008 21:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're doin' ok healthwise! This is a little late though... still good?

Jimmy

05 September, 2008 20:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeez Kevin is this more of your work? I gotz to get me a blog!!!!

Gary "Shag" Politte

08 November, 2011 17:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home