13 February 2007

Acclimating to Arkansas

*I'm trying to use "y'all" in my daily conversation...Pam refuses. I guess that's leftover from her school teaching days.

*I'm going to put the Razorback's fight song on as a ring tone for my cellular & I'll get the horn honk from the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard on to Pam's phone.

*We thought about deep frying a Turkey for Thanksgiving but we decided we didn't want to set the carport on fire just yet.

*Haven't hit a deer w/the car or truck yet, but have come very close. We have a possum (NEVER o-possum) that has adopted us vicariously through the not-quite-trusting feral cats' food & water bowls that we keep on the front porch, which also includes an old table & 3 settin' chairs as well as the emergency generator...that's an especially nice touch.

*"All", "oil", and "awl" are pronounced just the same.

*Taxidermy is an art form.

*Ketchup is a food group.

*The last line of "The Star-spangled Banner" is "Gentlemen, start your engines."

*When our neighbor asks, "Jeet yet?", he means have we eaten dinner, which here means lunch.

We're gettin' there, y'all.

The Geez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home