13 September 2006

Like Nirvana Without Kirk...

Since I resigned my job w/MGM Mirage in Las Vegas last 01 Nov 06, my life has been Nirvana (but without Kirk Cobain...oh, sorry, I guess that's redundant). But that's over now. Pam's GimpMobile has been giving us little, but costly, fits so it's up for sale and we've already put a down payment on a replacement. We purchased an '05 Dodge Grand Caravan SE w/about 26,000 mi. It's already rigged for Gimpness w/a powered ramp, remote access, etc., but we still had to order the conversion company's cool power transfer seat (kinda' comes back to meet her) and, of course, hand controls. The van, as it is now, is a staggering $32,050 and the seat thingie plus hand controls adds another adds another $2,900. Then there's taxes. I'll be flying up to MSP to pick it around 05 Oct, I hope. (I'm heading to Tucson and Las Vegas 17-23 Oct.)
So we are doing a Line-Of-Credit against the house...DAMN IT!! We have a small-ish but comfortable 1,400 sqft home on 10 acres at the very end of a dirt road in the beautiful woods in northeastern Arkansas that until now was free & clear. Yeah, we made it 9 months. We just don't have an easier way to come up w/the money necessary, so we're essentially doing a mortgage. I might ...no, I will HAVE to find a job (again). Shit. There's not a lot of anything up here so is it okay if I practice my new skills on you?

Practice Speech #1:
"Would y'all like fries with that?"

All we'll be needing is about $115/month more to break even but we don' t want to have to just break even, so I'll sacrifice my beer drinking time (& expenses) & get some sort of part-time employment for 2 years or so.


Practice Speech #2:
"Welcome to Wal*Mart, y'all!"

How'd I do? Did you really feel welcome?

Practice Speech #3:
I'm sorry, y'all, but we'all don't let Colored folks in here, I hope ya'unnerstand?"

Okay, I'm kidding about that one--DON'T LEAVE A COMMENT. IT WAS JUST A JOKE DONE IN BAD TASTE!!

Anyhow, here's a link to the Rollx Van site:
http://www.rollxvans.com/inventory.asp?VanType=1&NewVan=0
click on this and then find an '05 or '06 Caravan SE and pretend it's silver. And that Pam is at the helm w/me in the rear bench seat passed out from too many Pabst Blue Ribbon Lights... Oh, wait, I doubt if anyone can pass out from any number of PBR Lights....

The Geez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home